How to Easily Apply For an Australia Student Visa


Study in Australia

Australian student visa (subclass 500) process

      1. Be accepted for a full-time course: this needs to be at a recognised educational institution that can provide you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) once you have accepted and paid any necessary fees
      2. Register and start the online application: have your documents such as your CoE to hand as you need them for your application
      3. Pay the fee: when you pay the fee for your application you’ll receive a transaction reference number
      4. Attend a visa interview: You may be asked to arrange a visa interview or health check up
      5. Decision: you will receive the outcome of your application in writing along with any reasons for refusal

Student dependent visas for Australia

When submitting your student visa application you should name any partners or children to make them eligible to join you in Australia. Any dependent children must be unmarried and under the age of 18.

There is an additional fee for each family member joining you in Australia.

Australian student visa requirements

Any documents you need to submit for your application should be scanned in colour, and saved as PDFs. You may also need certified translations if the original documents aren’t in English.

Throughout the process of getting your Australian student visa, you may be asked to provide the following:

      • Confirmation of enrolment (CoE)
      • A personal statement in English (GTE requirement)
      • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
      • Biometrics
      • Police certificate
      • Proof of finances
      • English proficiency certification

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement

This is a personal statement declaring your intent to study in Australia, and intent to leave following the completion of your program. It should give the Australian government a good overview of your situation and ties to your home country. If you are able to use documents alongside the statement that could help show this, it will make you application stronger.

Things to try and cover in your GTE:

      • Previous studywhere you have studied previously and your results.
      • Gaps in studyreasons why there are any gaps in your education.
      • Employmentcurrent employment and details, with the name and contact details of someone who can verify it. Include any offers of employment on completion of your studies if applicable.
      • Family and social tiesthe family and friends you want to return to after your studies.
      • Your financial circumstancesdocuments showing employment prior to submitting your application, including income tax returns, reports or bank statements.

Australian health insurance requirement

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is required for students studying in Australia. The cover can be bought from a range of Australian healthcare providers, and must be purchased to cover you from the first date you arrive in Australia.

OSHC covers you for basic medical care, such as visiting a doctor, and can be arranged through your chosen university. You may wish to take out more comprehensive cover for your time in Australia.

Working with a subclass 500 student visa

If you’re on a subclass 500 student visa you can work in Australia once the course has started. You can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight, and unlimited hours during university holidays.

Previous articleUnveiling the Power of Impact Investing in Today’s World
Next articleSeven Best Places To Buy Checks Online